Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Progress at My Gym



Some of you may be so tired of hearing my My Gym stories. Well, at least my tune is changing. Over the last few weeks, Milan has made a lot of progress with her listening and following directions. It has taken a lot of effort from Jay, myself, and the teachers at My Gym. Before we go, we remind Milan that she is going to sit during "circle time". She knows that if she does not, she will not get stamps at the end of class. She has been getting her stamps for Circle time!!!

Now that she has moved up in classes, she also has to wait her turn during gymnastics. Again, she has been told if she does not listen, no stamps. Last week, she did not get stamps. She did a pretty good job, but I felt I needed to follow through on the consequence I told her about. She asked for stamps about 4 times, and I had to talk to her about why she did not get them. She seemed to understand and we left with no complaints. We will see how she does this week:)


Here is Milan participating in gymnastics - walking on the balance beam.She really does like to play!



Here she is participating in circle time.
Little Monkey:)
She is listening to story time.

3 comments:

The Liconas said...

So glad to hear this! She is so smart and advanced in so many ways...so nice that My Gym has these great activities for kids. She looks so cute in these pics!

Sara said...

She's so big now ;)
Looks like the whole process has been worth it!
I am glad that she is earning so many stamps! Maybe they would work for potty training part 2!~

Jennifer said...

So glad to hear things are going better. It looks like sucha fun time :). I am going to try your idea for our mommy and me class.