Thursday, March 18, 2010

Introducing Dean:)

As some of you may have read, Jay and I went to the hospital around 7 am on Monday, March 15, 2010 to prepare for the birth of our son, Dean. I had not slept at all the night before. The preparation for the c-section took approximately 2 hours. I was monitored, asked questions, and told about the spinal.

Just before 9, Jay went to the room where Dean and I would recover to put on scrubs. Meanwhile, I was in the operating room getting my spinal. I was so nervous that sweat was dripping down my body. Finally, they laid me down and did a couple "tests" to see if I was numb. Guess what people, I WAS:)

As the Ob's started the c-section, Jay came in and everything was under way. The Anesthesiologist had warned me that the hardest part was 2-3 manual pushes on the top of my stomach to get him out. Well, after much grunting and complaining (and about 20 pushes on my stomach) from the Obs, a very huge Dean was born. They could not believe that that much baby was in my stomach! He was 10 lbs, 12 ounces!!!

All in all, it was a great experience and it is too bad I was so nervous for it. So without further ado, here are some pics of the little (I mean - big;) guy!







7 comments:

jane said...

ahhhhhh! so sweet!!!!! congrats, jessica!

Bj Hickman said...

Oh my gosh!!! What a beautiful big boy! He looks like Jay. So glad he's here and all went well, Jess! Love you guys!

The Liconas said...

So cute!! So glad that you had a nice experience!!! He is just gorgeous!!! You look terrific also!! Can't wait to see you both soon!!

Sara said...

time to return those newborn clothes!
he's amazing!

Jennifer said...

Wow, what a cutie! I can't wait to meet him :).

Anonymous said...

look at those cheeks! he's such a handsome guy! and kudos to you for carrying an almost 11 pound baby! looking forward to meeting him soon. how's milan doing?

Mel said...

He is beautiful! Congratulations!