Monday, May 25, 2009

Another Update

My mom is looking much better. They have moved her from ICU to CCU. It is still scary, but not as much! She is off the IV and insulin from a tube. These are all good things. They are thinking now that the enzyme that was elevated in her body was a sign that she may have had a small heart attack. She is getting an angioplasty tomorrow morning with a really good doctor. They are hoping to see if there is any damage or blockage to any of the vessels around her heart. That should be done around 7:00-7:30 tomorrow morning. On a less serious, but still not fun note, they found that she also has gall stones. She may end up needing her gall bladder removed. She is hoping to leave the hospital on Wednesday morning and be back to work by Monday.
Needless to say, this has been a very stressful couple of weeks. Seeing and hearing all the support from family, friends, and coworkers has made it a lot easier. Thank you for all the calls, visits, thoughts, and prayers. Please continue to think and pray for her especially tomorrow between 7-8 in the morning. I will update again tomorrow after work with anything new I know.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am sooo sorry to hear about your mom. I have been out of the loop because of the birth of the twins. I am glad to hear things are looking up and she will sonn be able of the hospital. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sara said...

We have got get EVERYONE home healthy!
I will add your mom to my prayer list...right up there with Madison, and Jacob...